Clarification on ELEC-022R

RoboPenguin

Clarification on ELEC-022R

Post by RoboPenguin » Tue Feb 09, 2021 4:38 pm

Hi, this is Noah Mollerstuen. I'm one of the captains of a rookie team from Boulder High School, and I have a question about the control box. We've created a design for the control box in which monitors are stored inside of the box when it's closed, but when the control box is set up for a product demonstration, the monitors are moved out onto the table the control box is on, or possibly onto a table that folds out from within the control box. While the control box is closed, the monitors are held in place with foamcore inserts. Would this design violate ELEC-022R, or would it fail to pass inspection for any other reason? Thanks for the help!

-- Noah Mollerstuen, Boulder High Robotics

Matthew Gardner

Re: Clarification on ELEC-022R

Post by Matthew Gardner » Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:51 pm

Hi Noah:

No, this should not be an issue. Removing monitors from your control box to the table will not violate ELEC-022R.

This system, as described, should not violate any safety rules and should be fine for a safety inspection. But without seeing it personally and going through a safety inspection on the control system, I cannot say for certain it would pass. But in general, necessary cords between a monitor and the control box are not a violation.

Good luck.

Matthew Gardner
MATE ROV Competition