Image Processing

Muhammad Salem

Image Processing

Post by Muhammad Salem » Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:21 am

Hello,
i have a few questions related to image processing tasks.
1. in the Health of Coral colony task
a)colors may change from white to another color . is this color the same as the manual or it may be... umm brown ?.
b) we can look at the coral colony from 2 different positions (from the left and right sides of the blue line) which side
should we consider ?
c) is there any part in the Coral colony that won't ever change in color or be removed ?

2. in the Photo mosaic task.
a) in the manual there was a photo provided of the cuboid it shows that each side will be connected to another side with
the same colored duck tape. is this always the case or it may be connected with different colors?
b) is it granted that the cube will be painted with white color ?

3. can we try a mission multiple times ?

4. if we map the coral reef from the 2 black lines we will get two inverted results , are both of those results accepted ?

Matthew Gardner

Re: Image Processing

Post by Matthew Gardner » Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:21 am

1)
A) Color change on the coral will either be from white to berry pink, or from berry pink to white. Not other colors will be used.
B) Where you position your ROV is up to you. Depending on your view, you may get a mirror image of the coral colony (i.e. looking at it from the opposite side as the view shown in the manual, build doc, and online. It will be up to you to either deal with the view of the coral colony as you see it, or reposition your vehicle so it is a view you are better able to deal with.
C) The black base will not change. But any other part is subject to change.

2)
A) No, the connecting sides will always have the same color of duct tape on them. Now, what color is on both sides of an edge may change (i.e. pink tape may be along the long edge connecting the top to a long side).
B) The corrugated plastic that the subway car is made of will be white in color. There will be colored tape on it. There may also be additional writing on it, but that will not be along an edge or over the colored tape.

3) Unless otherwise noted in the manual, you can try mission tasks multiple times. The exceptions are doing the calculations for the mussels, identifying the contaminants in the sediment sample, etc. Once you report those numbers / contaminants, that is your answer (i.e. you cannot keep guessing until you get things right).

4) When creating your map, you should identify which edge is closest to the pool edge, or distinguish the orientation of your map to the judge in some way.

Good luck.

Matthew Gardner
MATE ROV Competition