**EXPLORER OBS WIFI INFORMATION

Matthew Gardner

**EXPLORER OBS WIFI INFORMATION

Post by Matthew Gardner » Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:18 pm

I am waiting for additional specifications from one of our judges heading up the EXPLORER OBS design. When I have further information, I will post it here.

Matthew Gardner
MATE Center

Matthew Gardner

Re: **EXPLORER OBS WIFI INFORMATION

Post by Matthew Gardner » Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:23 pm

Hi All: Here is additional information on the EXPLORER OBS set up. The programs used will be released in the next few days.

Matthew Gardner
MATE Center

EXPLORER OBS Setup:

EXPLORER companies must insert their power puck into the port on top of the OBS to provide power.
When the power is supplied above the threshold:
1. The LED will turn on indicating that the inductive power transfer is taking place.

2. Connections can be made to the WiFi Access Point
a. WiFI sysid is MATE2018. There is no password.
b. From a web page, access 192.168.4.1
c. Refresh the page for updated information

3. The webpage will start displaying voltage, X angle and Y angle.
a. The webpage will count increments showing that you are getting new data
i. Voltage 5.00V Xangle=5.35, Yangle=-10.324, Count=12
b. Once the absolute value of X and Y are both below a set point, the webpage will be updated to include the 16 data points. The information in line i above will be displayed along with a new line containing the data points
i. Shown in next line
DATA: 34, 123, 456, -123, -456, 3456, 33300, 101, 990, 100, -34, 55, -2540, 345, 543, 234

Key components being used:

AdaFruit LSM303 Compass. https://www.adafruit.com/product/1120
ESP8266 WiFi Module https://www.amazon.com/Makerfocus-ESP82 ... 01EA3UJJ4/
3.3v regulator for ESP8266
Arduino

Operations:
• The WiFi will be broadcasting a blank web page displaying only starting voltage values.
• The Arduino will read voltage value.
• When the Ardunio reads voltage value above threshold, it will send out an updated web page.
• The updated web page will show X angle, Y angle, voltage values and counter.
• The Arduino will read X angle and Y angle values.
• When the Arduino reads X angle and Y angle values both below the set point, it will send out an updated web page.
• The updated web page will show X angle, Y angle, voltage values, counter and 16 data points.
• Updated web pages are retrieved by hitting page refresh.
• Status and information will be sent to a laptop on the surface over USB so the station judges will be able to monitor status and verify team’s readings.

The programs used for the Arduino will be available on the MATE Dropbox. If you have not already done so (for SolidWorks files), contact Jill Zande for access.

Matthew Gardner

Post by Matthew Gardner » Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:38 am

The program used for the EXPLORER OBS, and a diagram of the electrical circuit for the inductive coupling power, has been posted. It is in the same Dropbox folder as the Solidworks documents.

Matthew Gardner
MATE Center

Matthew Gardner

Post by Matthew Gardner » Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:38 am

The baud rate for the ESP will be changed from the default to 9600. This will allow it to be used with an Arduino UNO.

Good luck.

Matthew Gardner
MATE Center