ROV Name

Forum for students from all over the globe
bpmackow

ROV Name

Post by bpmackow » Fri Jan 15, 2016 1:43 pm

My team is currently trying to come up with names for our new robot this year. One of the ideas I came up with was the Wave Rider. However, I vaguely recall seeing another underwater robot at a competition with that name. It might have been the defunct local competition or it might have been MATE (we haven't been to AUVSI). Can anybody tell me if another team is already using this ROV name? I'd rather not go searching through all the tech reports.

Thanks

Timmie
Site Admin

Re: ROV Name

Post by Timmie » Tue Mar 15, 2016 2:25 pm

Hi there -

I know we've had a Surfrider Marine Recovery Systems. And there were a couple of "Waveriders" last year (I've just had the joy of downloading all of the team data for 2015).

Not sure that this helps you at all. I don't know that it really matters much - some things are just very popular (Kraken, anything dolphin or shark, Atlantis... etc)

Cheers,

Timmie
IMPORTANT NOTE: I typically do not read the message boards; my job is to ensure everything is working properly and that new accounts are approved.

If you have a question regarding registration please contact me via private board message or email.

bpmackow

Re: ROV Name

Post by bpmackow » Tue Mar 15, 2016 5:18 pm

We went with a completely different name